Carefully planned ‘Personal, Social and Health Education’ (PSHE) lessons are an
important part of helping children grow up to become responsible, respectful and morally-aware young adults.
At Parkgate House, our PSHE classes have the following main objectives:
- To teach the facts relating to health issues elemental to development and growth
- To help children understand the concepts of tolerance, respect and liberty
- To enable children to acquire skills relating to personal safety, discussion and decision-making
- To encourage children to develop informed opinions and attitudes about a range of personal, social and moral issues
- To nurture values based on our ‘Virtues Programme’, which instils principles key to the school community